Be informed. Be prepared.
|To help everyone in Lafayette Parish be better prepared for hurricanes and tropical storms, Lafayette Utilities System has published the 2012 edition of the Hurricane Handbook. This 40-page handbook features a variety of in-depth information including a directory of important phone numbers, evacuation routes, tips for family members with special needs, a hurricane tracking map, family emergency planning information and checklist, generator and chainsaw safety, and much more. More than ever, Acadiana residents need to know the importance of being prepared and having a family plan in place. |
In 2008, when Hurricane Gustav made landfall, LUS employees were ready, making sure power was restored as quickly as possible and ensuring the city's water supply remained safe. LUS wants to make sure that everyone is informed and prepared should another hurricane strike our area.
Download the LUS Hurricane Handbook
The LUS Hurricane Handbook is also available at the following pick-up locations while quantities last. Limit 1 per household please.
- City-Parish Consolidated Government Building, 705 W. University Ave.
- LUS Customer Service Center, 705 W. University Ave.
- LUS Fiber/LUS Customer Service Center, 1875 W. Pinhook Rd., Suite B
- Lafayette Police Department, 900 E. University Avenue
- Lafayette Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, 800 S. Buchanan St.
- Broussard City Hall, 310 E. Main St.
- Carencro City Hall, 210 E. St. Peter St.
- Duson Town Hall, 498 Toby Mouton Road
- Scott City Hall, 420 Lions Club Road
- Youngsville City Hall, 305 Iberia St.
- Lafayette Public Library-Temporary Downtown Branch, 538 Jefferson St.
- Lafayette Public Library-North Regional Branch, 5101 N. University Ave. (Carencro)
- Lafayette Public Library-South Regional Branch, 6101 Johnston St.
- Lafayette Public Library-Chenier Branch, 220 W. Willow St.
*The Hurricane Handbook is under copyright and download is for personal use only. Reproduction of any portion of the Hurricane Handbook must be approved by Lafayette Utilities System.