Be informed. Be prepared.
To help everyone in Lafayette Parish be better prepared for hurricanes and tropical storms, Lafayette Utilities System has published the 2016 edition of the Hurricane Handbook. This 40-page handbook features a variety of in-depth information including a directory of important phone numbers, evacuation routes, a hurricane tracking map, emergency planning information and checklist for individuals and businesses, generator and chainsaw safety, and much more. More than ever, Acadiana businesses need to know the importance of being prepared and having a plan in place.
In 2008, when Hurricane Gustav made landfall, LUS employees were ready, making sure power was restored as quickly as possible and ensuring the city's water supply remained safe. LUS wants to make sure that everyone is informed and prepared should another hurricane strike our area.
The LUS Hurricane Handbook is also available at the following pick-up locations while quantities last. Limit 1 per household please.
- City-Parish Consolidated Government Building, 705 W. University Ave.
- LUS Customer Service Center, 705 W. University Ave.
- LUS Fiber/LUS Customer Service Center, 1875 W. Pinhook Rd., Suite B
- Lafayette Police Department, 900 E. University Avenue
- Lafayette Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, 800 S. Buchanan St.
- Broussard City Hall, 310 E. Main St.
- Carencro City Hall, 210 E. St. Peter St.
- Duson Town Hall, 498 Toby Mouton Road
- Scott City Hall, 420 Lions Club Road
- Youngsville Town Hall, 305 Iberia St.
- Lafayette Public Library-Main Library, 301 W. Congress St., Downtown Lafayette
- Lafayette Public Library-North Regional Library, 5101 N. University Ave. (Carencro)
- Lafayette Public Library-South Regional Library, 6101 Johnston St.
- Lafayette Public Library-Chenier Center Branch, 220 W. Willow St.
- Lafayette Public Library-East Regional Library, 215 La Neuville Rd. (Youngsville)
*The Hurricane Handbook is under copyright and download is for personal use only. Reproduction of any portion of the Hurricane Handbook must be approved by Lafayette Utilities System.